The days are getting longer, the weather is warming up… Yes, summer is here! 🙂
And to celebrate it, I’m in the mood for some quick and stylish sewing!
Lately, I’ve seen lovely Kimono jackets pop up everywhere. My closet currently missing such an item would be happy to have this perfect summer wardrobe staple. It’s decided then, I’ll be sewing it!
In the mean time, I’m using the opportunity to try out a new series for the blog: creating fashion. My goal is to take you from sketch to finished garment, showing you the process from the different inspirations, the construction and pattern making, to the wearable object.
Ready? Let’s have a look at what inspired this project!
- The Kimono Jacket’s world seems to be mostly ruled by black ones. This white version is a refreshing take on this summer staple.
- Sew Caroline has an excellent free tutorial for you to make your own. Don’t you love the cute detail she added to hers?
- Look at that fabric! Pastel perfection!
- Make it a statement piece like Jessthetics by adding fringes. Also, loving this more Indian inspired version with this paisley fabric.
- A more modern version with this cropped one paired with destroyed jeans. Inspiration is from Youlookfab.com, there you’ll also find great wearing advice.
- This is my favorite. I’m in love with the simplicity of it and the fabric just screams «Wear me!». This might very well be the final inspiration for mine. And it has a tutorial with it! Score! 🙂
- Go more into an ethnic vibe with this colorful one for dancing the night away!
- Guess hit gold with this black trimmed three quarter sleeves version. The floral sheer fabric is just what this style needs to take it from boring to fabulous.
Inspired to make your own? Join me on my journey to a handmade wardrobe and life and watch it unfold on Instagram! 🙂