Myrtle

By Coralie, in Sewing0 comments

Even though it hasn’t been a easy project, Myrtle was finally done on time!

And I’m very happy with the way it turned out! 😀

Myrtle

I had to make a few adjustments to the pattern.

I started be doing my very first small bust adjustment as Colette patterns are written for a C cup which I obviously am not! But even with that, it ended up way too big…

I ripped the waist seam and had to remove 1″ on each side seam before it would fit me!

Myrtle02

I also learned from my mistakes and didn’t sew the waist seam while stretching the elastic as it was instructed.

Instead I sewed the waist seam first without closing it.

Waist seam open

Then using a big knitting needle, I taped my elastic to it and threaded it into the seam.

Elastic taped too knitting needle

Myrtle06

Elastic threaded

After that, all that was left was to sew the elastic taking care not to twist it!

Elastic

And then close the seam.

Myrtle09

Much easier in my opinion than sewing while stretching the elastic!

Myrtle back

So that’s it for Myrtle. Now something tells me it won’t be the last dress I make from this pattern! 😉