Last week-end was fabulous! 🙂
Even though the weather could’ve been nicer, we were able to do all the things we had planned, meet some friends and even relax. What more to ask? These are the best week-ends.
But best of all, I managed to squeeze in some sewing time and got quite a few makes finished! YAY! 🙂
As the sun has been showing itself more recently, I’m happy to report I have a new Sorbetto finished and ready to wear!
I love the combination of the cute print and the gold bias binding.
It’s a very simple, very straight forward blouse. As always, Colette‘s pattern are well explained and easy to follow. What took the most time was choosing the coordinating bias for the fabric!
I’ve made a couple changes on it so it would fit better. The size is a 4 bust, 8 waist and hips. Plus, I’ve redrawn the armholes to they aren’t so tight, better for summer in my opinion.
I’m very happy about how it turned out and can’t wait to wear it (for real, outside the house)!
But it’s not the only thing that got finished! Remember the blouse I’ve started a couples of weeks back? Well sadly, the fit isn’t great and I couldn’t decide if it was hit or a miss. So my procrastinate brain put off finished it until now.
I figured that there was no point leaving it laying around in the unfinished pile, when the only way to actually test it, is to wear it.
Apart from the fit, I’m pretty happy with the details. The collar was finished with a contrasting bias binding.
The sleeves are hemed with an elastic which makes them garter. It’s really cute!
And the waist has ties so it’s not so baggy when you wear it.
So what do you think? Hit or miss? :-/
I have no clue how I’ve managed to have so much sewing time with all we’ve done Saturday and Sunday, but there’s even more!
Since the beginning of the year, I’ve been “studying” pattern drafting on Craftsy. The class is amazing and I’ve learned so much in such a short time. The instructor had us take measurements of ourselves and create a flat pattern with them called moulage.
Here’s my first attempt!
There was very few changes to make to the pattern. Mainly the shoulders were too big and loose on the back. And it also fits my new mannequin perfectly! Win-win! 🙂
And to top off all this sewing, we scored an amazing and oh so pretty vintage sewing table! Yes, you’ve read me right! 🙂 I’ve been on the lookout for ages for one of those and finally found the perfect one. Get a glimpse of it on Instagram before the full post on it next week!